Sunday, November 1, 2009

This is not an invite.

I feel exhausted.  It's hard to know on the scale of difficulty where Elijah would be had he been a normal 1 year old but I would place him somewhere around the 8 mark in general.  I know looking after children is supposed to be hard work but boy, this is hard.  It's hard to tell if it's because Elijah really is such hard work or if it's because we both haven't yet recovered from an emotional battering.

This is definitely not and invitation to a pity party mind you, so don't get any such ideas. We had a pretty good weekend actually with a constant flow of friends and family to enjoy the sunshine with.  Elijah was in a particularly sunny mood on Saturday but back to his usual self all the other days in between.  His usual self being a mixture of happy/sad, smiles/screams, ups/downs and waking countless times during the night.  One minute he's happy and the next minute we're measuring out 7mls of Paracare because we've tried everything else.   

His sodium's were very low when we went to our Clinic appointment on Wednesday so we've been concentrating on getting his sodium's up but we've nothing at home that can magically tell us his sodium levels so we're left guessing and hoping we haven't let them get too high.  We are starting to think his bad moods are correlating with the fluctuating sodium levels in his body... if only he could speak. 

On a positive note he has become more regular over the last week which is a relief... quite literally.  He is also still eating/drinking really well and starting to eat chunkier foods (not quite up to where he should be for his age... but look out you other one year olds, Elijah's an eating machine!)  I'm happy to report Elijah ate (and actually chewed rather than gulped) pancakes (my favorite!) potato salad and some orange, that's my boy:)














"Here's my little cheeky monkey having a swing in the sun:)"

It's now 9 O'clock and I'm feeling tired all of a sudden.  I'll go before my brain slows down too much and I'm left blinking into the screen (ah, too late actually.)  My next blog will be up-dating you on how the Wednesday's MRI goes but don't be expecting it Wednesday night or anything... lets hope I'll have some good news.

Well good night to all and to all a good night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment