Saturday, September 3, 2011

Daddy

DADDY!


Happy Fathers Day Honey!  Yesterday I asked Elijah if he likes Daddy and he smiled and nodded and said, yea.  I asked him if he loves daddy and he did the same thing.  Then I asked him if Daddy was the best daddy in the whole world and he said yea again.  How cool is it that he learns to say daddy a week before Father's Day!  Like you said, you've been waiting years for him to say it and now he can, it's the best present ever!  And it just makes it all worth it, doesn't it:)  (all I need now is to get him to call for daddy in the middle of the night instead of mum!)   I just wanted to take this time to (publicly) thank you for all that you do for this family.  I know it's not easy being a father and sometimes it gets overwhelming but you have a wonderful natural fathering ability.  You make sure things are running smoothly around the house and bring others under your wing.  Thank you for getting up every morning at 5:30am to feed and play with Elijah.  Thank you for being patient with me and for being there for me and Elijah during the day too.  YOU, I LOVE!

Notes of Encouragement from me and the kids...

 I love the way you greet Elijah every time you walk into the same room as him, it's like you haven't seen him in a week!

I love you daddy, your the best ever!  (paraphrased, haha)

I like the way you play with us outside and in the pool during summer, it's fun!

I think you're cool and I like it when you take us out!

I like it when you tell stories about things that have happened, you bring a lot of fun!

I love it how you make biltong for everyone, it's the best biltong I've ever tasted!


Steve's home made biltong hanging in 
home made biltong box, mmm.

Also a very Happy Fathers Day to my dad and to any other dads who are reading.  May your fathering go well and be seasoned with joy.  P.S. I was going to end in Elijah's latest update but I think I'll leave that to another post.  Will try do it ASAP but that is all for now.  Chow.


No comments:

Post a Comment